David Mora in Los Angeles

A mind is a terrible thing to plagiarize.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I'm here now, am I late?

I resisted. Yet, here I am 4 to 5 years later.

It all started when…

One evening, while celebrating my 31st birthday I crossed paths with an attractive woman I'd known a few short months. I fed her my usual sleep-with-me lines to which she responded, "Okay, I'll bite..." Not literally, of course, she meant she’d take my flirting and see me one better, “I’ve thought of you too.”

After exchanging a few admiring words we sat back down with the group of friends we came with and blurred the night with vodka-tonics. She gave me a web address; a weblog, she explained. The night ended and went home alone, but her “I’ll bite” left a mark and echoed in my head for a while.

It was an online diary. Being a self-absorbed guy I immediately sought out what she said about that night. I blushed.

How odd she? I thought. Why would anyone put their life up in the digital ether like that?

Years later, I am the odd one because I remain blogless.

Well that all changes today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home