David Mora in Los Angeles

A mind is a terrible thing to plagiarize.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Mexican-American ...the horror...

Here I am at the US side of the Mexican-USAmerican Border. I was scouting the area for a documentary film I was preparing to do on the dangers of crossing the border, i.e., death by minute-man. Notice the wall? It’s very colorful.

In polite circles, I’m a Mexican-American. I was born in the United States, therefore I am a citizen, but my culteral references are largely nfluenced by the Mexican customs of my immigrant parents.

Some think that it doesn't matter where you are from, you're American now. If that's true it's sad, because Americans passionless, dry, and unfair. On the other hand, being Mexican is sexist, classist, and corrupt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home